Monday 4 February 2013

The Beginning

Hello there,

I've decided to start this blog because I can't tell you how many people have told me that I need to share my story... most people (including my medical doctor and my naturopathic doctor... possibly the only time they will agree...) have suggested a book, one friend said skip the book and go straight to the movie starring Cameron Diaz.  Well, we'll see about all that... in the meantime I thought I would start with a blog to share my journey with anyone who is interested.

I am a 45 year old woman and I'm 32 weeks pregnant with my first child!  I'm very excited about it and the reason people want me to share my journey is that I am a single mom by choice!  This is my journey, not our journey and I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be here!  Just to be clear right off the bat... I am not 'single' by choice, but given that I am single I decided to choose motherhood with the hopes that one day a wonderful man will join me on this journey.  If I waited much longer I may have missed the opportunity to have a child that was genetically related to me... as it was it took almost two years to get pregnant!  
Introducing Baby Cass to a very excited Momma Cass!
So here is my pride and joy... Baby Cass!  I just love using the reference to the Mamas and the Papas and wondering how old people are to actually know who I'm talking about when I say Mama Cass.  Anyway... here he/she is and in case you're wondering I don't know the sex and I don't want to know!  There are so few big surprises in life I want to enjoy this one!  Apparently, women push harder when they don't know too... who knew?

One of the reasons my medical doctor and naturopathic doctor thought I should write about it is that I informed myself about the process... and what I needed to do to increase my chances e.g. if you drink more than 4 or 5 alcoholic drinks a week you decrease your chances of getting pregnant by 50%! Yikes... there goes my wine!  My thoughts for this blog are to share some of my experiences, some of what I learned and perhaps write a story that eventually I will at the very least share with my little one... the story of their birth!  I would be happy to hear your thoughts on the things I write if you have something to say...

Thanks for reading...  Momma Cass

Oh and I was skyping with my lawyer tonight who told me that I should add... 
Content subject to Copyright law

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful story! I believe it is time that we start to let go of our judgements of how life is supposed to unfold. Each one of us is unique. The most important thing is that we each as individuals take responsibility to do what makes us happy. By doing this and practicing self care by doing what makes us happy, we will have a positive impact on the world because we will carry that happiness with us every where we go! Best of luck with everything and look forward to hearing more as your journey continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      Thank you for your lovely words of wisdom and support. I couldn't agree with you more... I was caught for a long time thinking my 'family' had to look a certain way and now that I have it and it doesn't look as I expected, I am so glad I got over it because nothing I have done in my life has ever brought me so much happiness before this... sorry for taking so long to respond and again thank you... I think we should all remind ourselves that we are responsible for our own happiness... no one else!

      Delete
  2. Great idea to start this blog. It is important to start and continue conversations about fertility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula,

    Sorry for taking so long in responding, I'm just getting back on top of this blog thing... and yes I am thrilled to talk about fertility. I have so many topics I want to discuss here because I think the discussions on fertility that are ongoing are from the medical perspective and don't take into account all of the other areas that can influence fertility... stay tuned as I get back on track.

    ReplyDelete